University of Malawi - Chancellor College
Centre for Language Studies Corpus Access
In the background we are using the IMS Open Corpus Workbench. I have been using and installing this system for
any project that deals with corpora since 1996. I have used it in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Zimbabwe and now Malawi. Many thanks, guys and girls.
Here are some hints for using the search language
- Every single word must be enclosed in quotes "xxx"
- "first-word" "second-word" "third-word"
- The most important regular expressions are:
- . (that is "dot") = one character, any character
- "ba.k" = balk bask back bark
- * = zero or more of the previous character
- "ab*" (= a (zero) or ab (more) or abbbb (more))
- ".*" = anything or nothing (zero or more of one character, any character)
- "ku.*" = words that start with ku and end with anything (or nothing)
- "+" = one or more of the previous character
- Like * but it requires at least one character where * is "zero" or more
- "[set]" = a "set" of characters (s or e or t)
- ".*[ei]la" = words ending in ila or ela
- ".*[ei]sa" = words ending in isa or esa